e(fx)clipse 0.0.5 released

UPDATE
Please download the latest version from efxclipse.org

So its been less than 1 day after I released 0.0.4 why yet another release within one day?

1. I got feedback and tracked down some bugs makeing the packaging feature not useable
  2. It looks like the API of the packager changed with b42 and so the build-File didn’t work

Anyways thanks for the feedback I received. Here’s release 0.0.5 that hopefully fixes those problems. It looks like though there’s a bug when using fxml-Files and using the packager which leads to an Exception.

9 thoughts on “e(fx)clipse 0.0.5 released

1. Alexander Geist September 7, 2011 / 12:35 pm

Plugin is not loading on Eclipse Indigo. I found this line in my cosole.log

!MESSAGE Unable to find feature.xml in directory: C:\work\soft\eclipse\features\at.bestsolution.efxclipse.feature_0.0.5.jar

• Tom Schindl September 7, 2011 / 12:51 pm

How did you install the stuff? I just tried with an Indigo i had on my local workspace it works like a charme. Could you try using a clean indigo, it could be that i had version changes.

• Alexander Geist September 7, 2011 / 1:09 pm

I had extracted the zip in my eclipse installation directory. Versions earlier 0.0.3 (installed the same way) are working.

• Tom Schindl September 7, 2011 / 1:13 pm

That’s not how one is supposed to install stuff like this. You should have gone through the Help > Install New Software > Add > Archive. You could have used the dropins folder maybe too but the best and document way is to go through the install wizard or if you are a p2 guy using the director.

• Tom Schindl September 12, 2011 / 7:21 am

Thoas are all dedicated to JavaFX 1.x – my work is only targeting JavaFX 2.0

2. Ali September 22, 2011 / 3:31 pm

Hello Tom

Any plans for releasing a plugin for the latest build of JavaFX i.e the b45?

Thanks

• Tom Schindl September 22, 2011 / 3:36 pm

The current 0.0.5 release should work without problems using b45, or did you find any problems?