What is the result of mixing JDT and JavaFX into one project? Right you get an Java-IDE🙂 You don’t believe me? Then watch this short video.
Freaking cool but how did I managed to get this work. First all of the whole thing is not a fake. I used different OpenSource technologies to make this work.
- JDT-Core: Correct JDT-Core is the same you use everyday in your eclipse, it provides you the incremental compiler, launch and debug support, …
- JavaFX: Right i used FX as the UI technology – it’s an experiment
- e4-core: For DI I used e4 stuff
- Equinox: Correct the whole thing is mixed together using OSGi
- e(fx)clipse-runtime: To make JavaFX run in OSGi, I used stuff from my e(fx)clipse project
Packaging up the whole thing into a product without JavaFX the size is ~25MB – if packaging JavaFX so that you get a “crossplatform-no-prerequist” product the size would be ~92MB.