10 thoughts on “Slides from EclipseCon talks

1. camokatu (@camokatu) March 28, 2012 / 5:58 pm

Looks like you have a case of circular dependency there:)

EclipseCon page points to PDFs on your blog and links on the blog point to EclipseCon page.

• Tom Schindl March 28, 2012 / 6:14 pm

Well the links are the one of the PDF – but I’ll remove the links to the eclipse-con page.

2. vitu April 6, 2012 / 1:06 am

links dont working

• Tom Schindl April 7, 2012 / 1:00 pm

They do work for me

3. Mark May 23, 2012 / 3:44 pm

Hi Tom!
    Those slides are very interesting. Are there any videos/audios about those presentations available too?
    I’m currently looking at i18n in e4. I found your @Translation annotation in the slides and related work of you in several comments on e4 bugs. I found the definition of this annotation in e4.tools.services. Is this kind of stuff ready for production?

• Mark May 24, 2012 / 11:09 am

Nice. But is it possible to use this service in a standalone RCP application? e4.tools has dependencies on JDT and other IDE stuff, which I don’t want to ship to our customers…

• Tom Schindl May 24, 2012 / 11:33 am

The plugin that defines the stuff (org.eclipse.e4.tools.services) has no dependencies on all the IDE and JDT stuff. I pointed you to the other plugins so that you can take a look how the stuff is used – so simply add “org.eclipse.e4.tools.services” to your product (or one of your features and you are ready to go – depdendencies are anyways part of your e4 RCP).