The Simple e4 IDE

This is just a short update on my Simple e4 IDE Demo. Last week I reimplemented the Outline View concept of the Eclipse IDE and ported over the JavaOutlinePage from JDT.

It currently lacks selection support to jump to places in the Editor but it looks very similar to what you get with Eclipse SDKs JDT (95% of the code is equal so that’s not really a suprise).

Advertisements
This entry was posted in e4. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Simple e4 IDE

1. Lars Vogel says:

You are single-handed re-implementing Eclipse? Tom, you are getting scary. 😉

2. Robert Roth says:

Is there a way to test this simple IDE? Or to contribute… The how to contribute section is missing from the wiki, where I have seen that many tasks are waiting for assignees, and I think I would like to take a shot.

• tomeclipsedev says:

Hi, I’ll try to fill the section in the wiki. What you need is an SDK 4.0 (at least as the target) and then checking out the simpleide bundles from CVS (dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse/e4/org.eclipse.e4.ui/examples/*simpleide*). I welcome every help I can get.

• tomeclipsedev says:

The contribute section has been updated. If you plan to work on one of the items simply send a mail to e4-dev@eclipse.org

3. Pingback: Kai's Blog » Eclipse 4.0: Automatically created Theme Switching Menu/Toolbar

4. Robert Roth says:

The 4.0 SDK is not available for Linux. Sad.

5. Robert Roth says:

Sorry about that, you are right. Yesterday I have tried the link and I did not manage to get to the mirror selection. But it doesn’t matter… it’s downloading now. Thanks

6. Mihael says:

Has the source code moved? The URL seems to be broken. And is the project further developed? Thanks.