In my last post I published the demo applications I planned to show of at EADD in Karlsruhe and here are the PDF-slides.
The talk was split into 4 areas:
- History and Reasons
- Design ideas (EMF-Model, IEclipseContext, Declarative Styling, DI)
- The implementation of the ideas + BackwardsCompat
- Application development with EMF-XMI-Editor using the E4-PhotoDemo
- Declarative-Themeing via E4-Contacts-Demo
- Workbench-Renders: Using PShelf and Ribbon using the E4-Contacts-Demo
- Backwards compat by launching our E4-Builds and writing a HelloWorld application
- Abandoning of Static and Singleton by launching E4-Contacts-Demo as a RAP-Application with unmodified workbench code
The talk was quite well received and I showed how we try to create innovation in the core-platform. I’d like to thank EclipseSource who made my travel to Karlsruhe possible by funding the half of my travel costs.